The thing about Silver Publishing...

Friday

Some of you may know that Silver Publishing has been going through growing pains. They have fallen behind on authors royalties causing some upheaval in the company. One author went public in a vitriolic blog post, ripping the company and questioning the loyalty of all other authors that have remained at Silver. For her, the decision that she made to pull her rights was a personal one. My decision is personal as well and to be respected.

Personally, as a Silver author who has chosen not to pull my rights, the only way your favorite authors will ever see their royalties owed, would be to continue to buy our books. It helps that you buy them so that not only authors that have chosen to stay but those who've jumped ship, will eventually get paid.

In my humble opinion, and now on my fourth career as a self-employed person, every company has growing pains and every business owner makes unfortunate decisions that hurt the company. If you look at the stable of authors and the massive amount of talent that has agreed to stay with Silver, you must agree that I am not alone.

I will only say that it is terribly unfortunate that a lot of great authors are now facing tragic choices because of Silver's problems, but fanning the flames like some have done in viscious and vitriolic ways, never helps anyone.

Karma is a great thing when it comes to sorting the chaff. If I were a publisher looking to contract with an author or hire an editor, I would never hire someone who has publicly trashed a company for any reason the way some have. What a stupid short sighted thing to do. You are only HURTING authors.

Leiland, the owner of Silver has mapped out a repayment plan with a team of accountants for the benefit of all of us. He has stepped up to the plate, admitted his shortcomings in management of our royalties and has kept all avenues of communication open. What he has not done is vanish with all of our royalties into thin air as most publishers who go under, do.

I beg the readers to continue to buy our books and I have every faith that you will. I beg the authors who've left Silver, as is their right, to try to keep their negativity in public forums to a minimum. Like I said, fanning the flames only hurt all of us, including yourselves.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...